Wednesday, July 29, 2009

St. Augustine: Mission Accomplished!

The final 38.7 miles put the finishing touches on the coast to coast bike ride across the USA for Teen Challenge. After I reported to Dennis Whitman at 8:50 AM eastern time (5:50 AM pacific time) I received a video phone call from the Teen Challenge men and staff of resounding cheers like I never heard at Candlestick Park in my days with the 49ers. I don't think the finality has hit yet, but we are just overwhelmed with thankfulness. Cindy & I will never be the same after this adventure together. We probably need a little time to process it all. I look forward to sharing with the Teen Challenge family. Thanks so much to all my family, friends, and all of you who took part in this journey. More to come.

10 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! And congratulations! To BOTH of you!

    The Silvas

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!!! can't wait to hear all about it. try to get some rest!! we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to GO!! Thank you for your commitment!! What an AWESOME way to see some of God's handywork, for such a great cause!!!
    Much love,
    The Caskie's
    (friends of Shannon)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job!! I love telling anyone who will listen what my Dad has been doing over the past month. We are all proud of what both of you have accomplished.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! We have been keeping updated with your progress everyday. Glad you and Cindy are safe and home - what an accomplishment!!! I'm so proud of my Uncle Jimmy - you are an inspiration.
    Kim Leopold

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Jimmy! I was out for a run this morning and told me running partner, "I think Jimmy is probably dipping his tire in the ocean about now." And I wasn't too far off. You are an inspiration and all of NLCC is celebrating with you and Cindy!

    Pastor Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Jimmy and Cindy. We don't know how you did it but we knew you would! Many prayers were answered for your safety. Glad we were able to see you on your journey through Florida. Great job!
    Phil and Libby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jimmy and Cindy,

    Congratulations!!! What an amazing feat for both of you and I know neither of you will ever be the same...neither will those whose cause y'all championed! I bet your daddy even got out his A & M clippers and gave my daddy a haircut for this special day!

    Much love,
    Your Mississippi cousin Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jimmy and Cindy, you are both such an inspiration to us. Each day when we see someone on a bike we have been saying "Go Jimmy"! Praise the Lord you are both safe and sound. See you soon!
    Jon and Jeanne Lindskoog

    ReplyDelete
  10. GLAD YA'LL ARE HOMEE! Well done!
    Love,
    Blair, Micah, Amelie

    ReplyDelete