Sunday, July 26, 2009

North Florida Express

Quote for the day: "A mother is only as happy as her saddest child." Unknown author

I can begin the see the end of the ride. 127.2 miles, again in the North Florida muggy heat. It only got to 93-94 while we were out, but that's enough to wear on you. I felt good through the finish, I had a little to spare. Tallahassee, the capitol of Florida, was a little challenging as they had me finishing the city on a bike path headed out in the country. I made it on the trail, but couldn't find where to get off, so I rode a few extra miles. We had our last time change as I crossed over the Chattahoochee River at about 11 central, Noon eastern. We are still in the panhandle and hopefully will get above Gainesville tomorrow. I can smell the finish and will be happy to see that Atlantic Ocean. Our hope is to dip the tires of the bike in the Atlantic on Wednesday late morning and try to make a flight from Jacksonville to SFO. We have some work to do and need to check on things, then we'll fly back several days later and get the truck and drive back visiting relatives and friends on the way back. We'll keep the blog going for a while. We'll have some more fun and adventure. Keep praying as we are not quite there yet. Let's all finish strong!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, guys! You are almost there! How exciting! I feel the anticipation with you (to the small extent that I can). What and accomplishment. Sure proud of you both and your amazing victory. What an example of determination you have exemplified to us all - WOW! - and what a great team you are! You have set the bar very high. Say, what is the record for something like this? I wonder. Looking forward to the finish line!

    John, Turlock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy,
    You & Cindy are an inspiration to everyone and I thank God for people like you.
    God "gave" His only Son, so that we could attain eternal life. (Another gift)
    We are so blessed to have sponsors like you & Cindy. I pray for you to have a better trip home, as far as scenery & relaxation perhaps you can take some time for yourselves on the way home.
    Paul
    FHTCR Student

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmy,
    I have been praying for you and Cindy every day. I'm the guy who told you to imagine that every thousand miles is a "sack" - or should I say - was a sack! Thank you so much for supporting us here at the Ranch.
    In Christ,
    Leonard
    FHTCR Student
    P. S. Annabelle says "Moo!"

    ReplyDelete