Friday, July 10, 2009

Quote for the day: "Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them." Maximus

100.5 miles today. A tough mountain and some difficult winds along with some equipment issues slowed us a little, but we still arrived at our destination of Alpine, Texas with daylight. We had barbecue brisket for dinner at a local restaurant that was very good. I know many of you are hoping and praying for more favorable winds and I want you to continue. We know God controls the wind and also that He hears us and is in control of it all. Let's just trust Him with what comes out of our requests. Thank you so much for these prayers and concerns. Tomorrow we continue on in the Texas wilderness.

Today we had a special treat around noon we came up to a wonderful secluded picnic area. Cindy was only a few miles behind me so I stopped and flagged her down and we had our first real picnic of the trip. I even got in a short nap and had my feet rubbed. It was very special.

2 comments:

  1. Jimmy...

    Every time I need a pick-me-up, Amanda whispers this to me, writes this on the mirror, puts it in my lunchbox, etc...

    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11.

    When I can't seem to get through the day, I remember this verse..herefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34.

    I know you will be fine for the rest of the trip. We'll keep praying for you.

    Kevin and Amanda S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy,
    I enjoyed the message to your son and daughter-in-law. It is a good reminder to all of us who are married and thinking about getting married. Keep up the good work on your trip.
    Darlene Piersma

    ReplyDelete