Monday, July 20, 2009

Quote for the day: "Life deals you a lot of lessons. Some people learn from it, some people don't." Brett Farve

We had a good day of rest in Eunice, LA. I got new chains on both bikes, so I am back to 2 completely functioning bikes. The bike shop in Lafayette was a bout 40 miles away, but they were very accommodating, friendly, and professional. Lafayette is a college town west of Baton Rouge and was bustling with energy. I got my favorite "power lunch": 5 double cheese Krystals and a chocolate shake. Cindy got all the clothes washed and our maps charted. It rained about 3:00 pm, but is clearing up we hope for tomorrow. We hope for continued not so hot and humid weather. We are ready to head out at first light tomorrow. Hoping for another good day in the swamps. Thanks for so many neat comments on the blog. We are encouraged, especially from the guys of Teen Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. glad you got some rest. and i had to ask josh what "krystals" were. :) he informed me they are what we know as "sliders". only 5?! you are getting closer to the homestretch!! WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy Krystals. Brings back many memories! :)
    Blair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jimmy & Cindy
    I just want you to know the guys and I from the Ranch are praying for you daily. Jimmy, I hope your back is feeling better and may you soar through these last few states on the wings of an eagle. Ray wanted to wish you the best and asked if you could pick him up a Falcoln's hat when you hit Georgia. Ha...
    Ha... (I'm a 49er fan, born and raised, so I'd advise you not to pick up that hat.) Well, God bless you and Cindy both. Thank you for everything you do. I'll keep praying for the both of you. May you have a safe journey home. We all can't wait to see you when you're done. My Quote for the day: "Courage is doing what you're afraid to do."
    Eddie and all the guys from the T. C. Ranch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmy & Cindy,
    The highest compliment someone from my background can give is that I have great respect for you. I recognize the sacrifice you're making right now. I have understood and appreciated each sacrifice you have made for this ministry. You two are not talkers - you are the real deal. Thank you for the example you are setting for the Teen Challenge men. You inspire each of us. May God continue to give you safety, good health and the strength to pursue this call from Him. Go Team Webb!
    Dennis Whitman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim and Cindy

    We work with your Brother Dr Dan Webb. He sent me you blog and I just wanted to say that it is wonderful reading about your trip. Barbara and I ride but only on 50 to 60 mile day trips.
    Good luck I will keep up with the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete