Friday, July 3, 2009

Quote for the day: "and what does God require from us; but to do justly, to love mercy and walk humbly with God." The Prophet Micah

111.3 miles of I-10 starting in Quartzite, 5 flat tires, up to 109 degrees; mission accomplished. We got to the west side of Phoenix in spite of the dreaded "tire wire". We are actually in Goodyear. I remember when I was a kid the high temperature for the nation was often Buckeye, Arizona. I got to experience it today. I had a flat in Buckeye at 3 pm. I had it changed in 5 minutes. Over 11 liters of PowerBar Endurance drink (almost 3 gallons). The pavement was sizzling, but there was some shade from clouds and favorable breezes. Keep praying! Tomorrow we get across Phoenix and begin more mountains. My back is a little stiff, but otherwise I'm fine. Cindy saved my life by preventing me from going into some traffic that was not for any biker. She is wonderful to me. We're just trying to keep pushing. No time for much but ride, eat, sleep. Up at 4 and it's already 10. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment