Sunday, July 5, 2009

Quote for the day: "You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

I had a good days ride of 112.5 miles through the eastern Arizonia desert mountains. It began with an early morning climb to 4000 feet and continued up and down all day. I had good tail winds much of the day. Thanks for your prayers. No flats on the road. I have one tire down with a slow leak to fix tonight. Bike did well otherwise. My back got a little sore as the day went on, but I am fine. Cindy kept me hydrated again with temperatures as high as 114 through the Apache Nation. I start the big mountains tommorrow. We may not get as many miles, but we'll do our best. The country is beautiful. Whether viewing at 8 miles per hour going up a majestic mountain or flying down the backside at 35+, the scenery is breathtaking. Not sure where we'll stay or be tomorrow night. Thanks for your support!

4 comments:

  1. Jimmy, your trip is amazing! Hang in there on those mountain grades. Good luck.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait for your posts each night! We pull out our maps to see where you've been. As a kid my family visited relatives in Louisiana via car several times. I'll never forget those trips. We experienced so much more than we would have by plane. Not that a roadtrip by car compares at all to what you're doing, but in the same way your memories of this fantastic adventure will be cemented in your mind because you experienced every inch of the road. What a legacy for your children and grandchildren - to do something so amazing with the ultimate goal of helping others. The living room wall at Teen Challenge is filling up with your progress reports. WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU! - Margo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmy and Cindy!! Please know that I am praying from you and for the organization that you are riding for! I'm keeping up with your blog and count it a joy to pray for you. Many blessings as you seek Him during this adventure. Enjoy!

    Anna Ellyson Clark (Shannon's Huntington Beach roommate)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmy and Cindy,

    I am amazed at what you are doing. To attempt this at 20 would be amazing but at your age, nothing short of God-blessed phenomenal! You are an inspiration.

    You two are special friends and I am privileged to know you. May God continue to bless your mission and accomplish it with great success! I look forward to reading more updates, hearing of your successful arrival at your destination, and safe return home.

    Happy trails!
    John Kendall

    ReplyDelete