Sunday, July 12, 2009

Quote for the day: "Nothing that you have not given away wili ever really be yours." C. S. Lewis

We are in Del Rio, Texas. 102.5 tough up and down miles against 15-20 mph winds for the most part. This ride would have been a dream with the gently rolling downhill terrain, but I had to peddle pretty hard to go down and really hard to come up. I hope we are about through with the wind. I'm glad the winds were not 30+ mph as they could have been. We are going to take off tomorrow as Del Rio is a pretty nice place and we need the rest. There is a bike shop I hope can look at one of my bikes as I have pretty much thrashed the chains on those big mountains over the last week or so. Thanks to everyone who is participating in this blog by reading it and many of you are commenting and I am encouraged by this. I hope you get excited about Teen Challenge! Thanks for the support. Hopefully I'll get some more pictures and I have some stories to share; so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Jimmy and Cindy,

    Enjoy your little rest tomorrow! Still thinking about you and praying for you! Looking at the picture of Jimmy with helmet and red glove is like looking in the face of my Uncle Hurst!!

    It goes without saying that he and his older brother were two of the finest men I have ever known! What a blessing to have known them both!

    Continued blessings on your great adventure!

    Your Mississippi cousin Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy and Cindy:

    We are following your progress and praying for your safety and TAILWINDS! This is truly an astonishing feat! We pray that Jim's mother is doing better. Josh and Micah.......... if you read this.."hello" from your "Old" coach! God Bless you all!

    Rusty and Lynda Silva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmy and Cindy,
    Take a good rest today and enjoy what God is doing. Praying for you and hope we here from you on Tuesday evening at our TC Board meeting. If you can call my cell. Any time would be good. You know when we meet. God Bless and enjoy the day.

    David Wright

    ReplyDelete