Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Quote for the day: "Let's win something today" Bob Tyler, Head Football Coach Mississippi State 1974

I rode 86 miles today. 51 were by far the toughest I have ever experienced. Difficulty level was similar to Del Puerto Canyon in California, but 5000 to 8300 ft of altitude make for extreme hardship. My reward was to fly down the backside and go a little more to close out the day. I'll take it. Now we head down toward El Paso. We hope (and pray) for favorable winds as we move ahead. 754.3 miles so far. A little over 25%.

My mom is better. Hopefully she can go back to her nursing home tomorrow. We have not found the keys. My back was good today, but I can tell it could flare up. One more blowout today as I had to hit the shoulder to avoid traffic.

Thanks for you comments and interest. We understand the guys and staff at Teen Challenge are engaged, praying and supporting. Cindy and I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Jimmy and Cindy you two are awesome!! We are praying for your keys to turn up. Have fun today!
    Ron at t.c.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy: I work for the Mississippi Dept. of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks with Bob Tyler and we were looking at your web site yesterday. Ya'll are remarkable. I do remember you playing football at MSU. I am fromStarkvilee and my father taught at MSU. Take care and we are followin gyou. Brenda Shawver

    ReplyDelete