Saturday, July 4, 2009

Quote for the day: "It is not enough to help the feeble up, but to support him after." William Shakespeare

I hope you all had a good 4th of July. They are firing off rockets in the mountain town of Superior, Arizona as I am doing this. We had great Mexican food at the only restaurant in town. Only 80.3 miles today. I worked my way through Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, and Apache Junction. Then I finished with a 3 mile climb to Superior around the copper mines in this area. I will start off tomorrow with my biggest climb yet. 4 or 5 miles at 7 percent grade. Thank you all for your prayers and support. Only one flat today a blow out, probably due to the "rumble strips" we have to cross sometimes. As I was finishing up some of yesterdays tire repairs, I found 4 pieces of wire in 1 tire. I replaced that one in the rotation.

My back was better today, the winds were favorable. It was 108 around us a lot of the mid day. The next 3 days could be the hardest of the ride with the climbs, so keep the prayers coming. Thank you Teen Challenge for your faithfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment