Thursday, July 9, 2009

Quote for the day: "Winning isn't everything, but losing isn't anything." Rockey Felker QB MSU Bulldogs SEC Player of the Year 1974

A good long ride of 129.4 miles out of El Paso and back into some of the most rugged parts of Texas. We faced significant headwinds in the afternoon or we could have done more. I got a little lost again and somehow found myself in the Trucker's lane of the Border Patrol Check on I-10. That's not a good place for a biker to be. A nice truck driver talked to me while we were in line and asked where I was going. He thought it was great and said for me to go ahead of him, he would give me all the time & space I needed. It was a very nice gesture. I told the agent that I had somehow got crossed up. He asked me if I was a US citizen and told me to go. I got out of there and stayed on I-10(which I don't think I was supposed to do) but I hustled the remaining 8 miles on the shoulder to the next exit. Cindy was looking for me and concerned, but because she was cool headed and did not panic, we didn't lose much time. We are in Van Horn, Texas and I already have gone 14 miles beyond so we can get a good start on the 6809 ft high Mt. Locke tomorrow. I think we are around 4000 ft now, so it will be a tough climb. Pray for me. We have been through 3 time changes in the last 4 days, so it gets a little crazy. We just try to get ready to shove off at first light whenever that is.

It is so good to read the comments from friends and family. My mom is back at her nursing home and seems to be doing well. Thanks for your prayers.

We passed the 1000 mile mark today. We feel fortunate and blessed. Again, thanks family and friends for your support. Cindy said there have been over 1300 hits on the map. Thanks for caring. Please realize it is our goal for God to receive all the glory!

13 comments:

  1. OK Jimmy...I made it a point to post something on here after every ride. I hope all is well again today and I'm glad you have reached over the 1000 mile mark. I think I have a little over 3K miles on my bike, but that's with about 4 yrs of riding :). Keep spinning and I'll keep praying...

    Kevin S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jimmy and Cindy,

    Just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you, especially for endurance for tomorrow's climb.

    Don't worry; we all know your hearts and that you desire for any glory to be deflected away from you and to the Lord. We just enjoy being a part of the adventure and feel privileged to pray.

    Keep on keeping on! I can't believe the progress you've made already. Three time zones in four days? That's crazy!

    Blessings and prayers,
    Gena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your courage, your physical and emotional strength, your endurance in the toughest of conditions, are leaving an indelible mark on all of us at Teen Challenge. To God be the Glory!!!
    Feel our corporate prayers at 8:55am PST Friday morning. We love you both!
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmie and Cindy:
    I just picked up on your trip across our great country. Your journey is VERY inspiring! Please be safe and go with God's grace.
    Rusty Silva

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey there jim&cindy just wanted to let you know that us here at faith home are keepin you in mind and in prayer and that annabell is moooing you on and she cant wait to see you when you get back.. YOUR BROTHER IN CHRIST Tommy B. a.k.a. "the Cowboy"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Teen Challenge family gathered to pray for you at 8:55 this morning. We asked God to give you strength for today's climb and powerful angels protecing you on every side... that you would be awestruck by God's power and majesty in His creations all around you... that you would enjoy precious times with Him on this incredible adventure.
    Love & Prayers,
    The students and staff of
    Faith Home Teen Challenge Ranch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jimmy and Cindy,
    I just wanted to thank you two for everything you're doing. I'm keeping you both in my prayers. May God bless you, take care of you, and give you traveling mercies as you pass the half way mark. May you both soar on wings as eagles. I hope you find the keys to the truck Cindy. And Jimmy, may God alleviate your back pain and give you strength on the rest of your journey. You both are amazing. We here at Teen challenge are blessed by everything you two are doing. I really do appreciated the both of you.
    Sincerely,
    Eddie Izzo
    TC student

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jim & Cindy
    Hebrews 10:35-36 says for us not to throw away our confident trust in the Lord. We have need of patience, perseverance, and endurance, so that when we have done the will of God we'll recieve what has been promised. Thank you both for your sacrifice, because of your great confidence and endurance in the Lord.
    TC student

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jimmy and Cindy great job on your first 1k.Hope all is well and good luck on your climb

    paul b

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad to hear grandmommy is doing better!! we continue to pray for you both. we look forward to reading the updates each night.
    hugs,
    josh, shannon, teagan and trey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jimmy,

    What an inspiration you and Cindy are!!! I had a chance to visit your mom last Thursday and she was looking forward to Phil's visit! You have the support and prayers of many!

    Your Mississippi Cousin Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jimmy and Cindy,
    Glad to hear you're getting some much needed rest. I pray this will refresh you and give you a new peace, knowing you are out there pleasing God in all that landscape. You should see the postings that Margo is putting up in our front room. Every day there's a new 8 X 11 plastic sleeved page up on the wall complete with color graphics and blog spot. It's going to be all the way around the room by the time your done. God is so good. Everytime I think of you guys I think about that.
    Gratefully,
    Gary
    Faith Home Teen Challege Ranch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jimmy and Cindy Webb,
    I am so proud of you for the great achievement God has allowed you to accomplish. I'm in a total disbelief of the miles you aquire everyday. I'd be lucky to ride 2 miles all day. I love you guys and will keep praying for you. God's speed.
    Kyle Murry
    FHTCR Student

    ReplyDelete