Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Month Away

Sometimes a month seems like a long time, but not to me this month. I have a lot to do in June. My conditioning and physical preparation are on schedule. A real key I have found is to get "on the road" early in the day. I think any miles you can get before 7 AM are like bonus miles. I had a nice ride up Del Puerto Canyon on Saturday. This took me up the coastal hills west of Patterson in a remote area. It gave me some moderate climbing exercise and offered beautiful scenery. The winds were favorable. I figure for the month of May I logged close to 1400 miles which seems like a lot but is less than half of what I plan to do in July across the country.

Things are happening at Teen Challenge at Faith Home Ranch. I was by there Friday to check up on Anna Belle, one of our registered Holsteins, who is doing well. Lawrence Rawls does an excellent job of managing the agricultural programs on the Ranch. He is a joy to be around and has a wonderful testimony.

I added a tune, Ashokan Farewell, to the music. This is an instrumental that I hear occasionally that was used in the Ken Burns PBS Series "The Civil War" a few years back. I hear a combination of sadness, but also of hope, so I'll share it with you for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment