Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Some Changes

Made a few changes in the blog. Most notably is the music. I thought we would change it up. I got several positive comments on the first set of songs. We'll bring back the "Small Town County Man" again and maybe some of the others. "Grandpa Tell Me About the Good Old Days" is one that relates some good principles we want to develop in the men of Teen Challenge. As I am now a Grandpa it has special meaning to me as well. I want the men of Teen Challenge to have some good stories to tell their grandchildren or nieces and nephews about. I threw in a classical number, "War of 1812 Overture" by Tchaikovsky one of my favorite composers. I like the brass and strings competing back and forth. If you have some songs you think might fit, let me know. Also, I changed the football picture to a action shot of a game in 1976 against the Jets in Candlestick. This was one of my best games as I sacked Joe Namath 3 times that day. That is a defensive tackle's dream.

1 comment: