Monday, May 25, 2009

Planning the trip

Cindy is working on a map with possible overnight stops for the trip. This thing is going to happen! I have recovered from the 200 mile ride. I did not suffer a single muscle cramp from that experience. Lots of bananas help me, I think.

A person who is doing a lot for me from Teen Challenge is Roger Williams our Director of Development. Roger is always working to find new ideas to get the Teen Challenge name exposure to the community. He makes usage of the newsletter to get information to our supporters. He is doing this with the bike ride as well. He has a section on the Teen Challenge website: http://www.tcranch.org/ that gives individuals several ways to donate and/or pledge toward this bike ride. He has contacted service clubs (I will speak to at least 3 Rotary Clubs in the area). If you know of a civic club, church group, or any other group that would be interested in me coming to speak; have them contact Roger at (209) 238-0216. All funds received are going into a special account and are being held until all pledges are in after the ride is completed in late July. All donations will go directly to our local Teen Challenge to assist in restoring men's lives here in Stanislaus County. Cindy & I are taking care of the expenses for the trip itself. We are so fortunate to have someone like Roger to work behind the scenes in so many ways. Roger is a quiet, but fun loving guy. His integrity and high standards serve as great examples to us all. Thank you, Roger.

No comments:

Post a Comment