Monday, May 18, 2009

Home from the desert

We made it back late Sunday from a visit with my son's family to the desert where part of the ride will take place. Great to hear from you, Derek. Sorry I won't be coming near Reno. Perhaps I can get by for a visit in the future. Thanks for your ministry with Teen Challenge in Reno. The route is from Huntington Beach, CA along the southern tier through southern Arizona and New Mexico. I'll travel the entire state of Texas from El Paso to just above Beaumont on the Louisiana border. I'll ride through Louisiana around highway 190 and then veer a little north to Bogalusa and cross over into my home state of Mississippi. I'll follow rural roads close to the Mississippi Gulf where Hurricane Katrina did a lot of her damage a few years ago, then head over into Alabama along its coast and on in to Florida where I'll cross the entire panhandle over to the Atlantic Coast and finish by dipping my tire in the Atlantic at St. Augustine. I will try to put a map on the blog with the route highlighted as we get closer to the trip. My daughter-in-law, Shannon, has helped me make some additions to the blog. I'll try to get some more pictures. You may notice if you have audio that we added some music. We'll try to have a variety and change it up. Some of it has special significance perhaps I can share about latter. I think I'll close for now. May God be with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment