Sunday, May 3, 2009

Today I finished the last in a consecutive series of 4 century rides. My friend, Randy, accompanied me through an early morning ride before church and I completed the 101 mile ride in the late afternoon while fighting some wind. I feel pretty good. I have 3 days of veterinary work to do this coming week and we are leaving Thursday for the weekend, so I will be limited in the biking I will be able to do this week. My next major goal will be to get in 150 miles in one day.

San Joaquin Valley Teen Challenge is an amazing ministry working with adult men with life controlling issues dealing in many cases with drugs and alcohol. It is rewarding to see men become clean through this faith based ministry based on following biblical principals and having a relationship with Christ. All funds raised as a result of this bike ride will go to Teen Challenge located at Faith Home Ranch in Ceres. Cindy & I will cover our own expenses for the ride. We look forward to this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment