Friday, May 15, 2009

150: Done

Today I was able to ride 151.2 miles to complete a goal in my training to ride 150 miles in a day. I was glad to make it and even more encouraged that I completed the ride in the face of winds in the 15-20 mph range at times. Headwinds and and cross headwinds are my biggest frustration. I can take heat, cold, rain, snow, even with mountains I know what to expect. But the winds just gnaw at you. My heart rate soars even if I slow down. I was glad to finish. It was calm early. Maybe that is my take home lesson (get started early).

Elton Nelson is the Chaplin at Teen Challenge. Elton does many things behind the scenes at Teen Challenge, but he does a lot of 1 on 1 counseling with the individual students at TC. This is a very important responsibility because each student is so unique and has different struggles to work on. Elton's experience in working many years with the Faith Home boys I'm sure helps him in dealing with each man at Teen Challenge. Elton and Margo were valuable in the joining of Teen Challenge with Faith Home. They both continue to be assets in God's work at Teen Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Are you coming any where near Reno? I am the Director for a Teen Challenge boys center and a graduate also!

    ReplyDelete