Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Long Weekend

I'm back. Let me try to type in the link for the May 5 Modesto Bee Article: http://modbee.com/columnists/jardine/story/690541.html . We'll give it a try. I got to see my Mother, my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter, my brother, and Cindy's step-father over the weekend. We celebrated my son's graduation from business school at Rice University in Houston. I need to get back to training tomorrow.

Today I spoke about my NFL career, our veterinary practice and about Teen Challenge and the bike trip to the Modesto Rotary. It was an honor to speak to such an influential group. It may not gather many pledges for the bike trip, but it could sow seed for future support for Teen Challenge. It just so happened that the man who gave the invocation shared with the group that his son had been rehabilitated through the San Joaquin Valley Teen Challenge program. Just a coincidence? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment