Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why?

Today I'll try to answer some of the obvious questions? Why do a solo bike ride across the country in the heat of the summer with your wife driving from city to city ahead of you in a pickup? I like bicycling a lot. It is great exercise for an old man like me. I love the outdoors with all the elements (except headwinds). I like a significant challenge at times. I don't mind being by myself while riding. I like doing things with just my wife. As a board member of Teen Challenge, I am always looking for opportunities to support the ministry. Our business is a lot slower in the summer. I think this could help me lose 10-15 pounds. I have been considering this for 2-3 years. Many people have done this. Now is the time to "saddle up". I plan to go for 200 miles in a day later this week.

1 comment:

  1. How amazing that after 33 years of marraige you still invite me to enter your adventures and trust me to help. I am a blessed woman!!!

    May Our Heavenly Father bless your beautiful feet. Romans 10:15b (Cindy)

    ReplyDelete