Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quote of the Day: "Fatigue Makes Cowards of Us All" Vince Lombardi

I hope that I am as prepared as I can be to make this ride. I know I need to do the basics, fluids, heart rate monitoring, etc. I need to be alert, but stay lose and enjoy the ride. I met a man at Turlock Rotary today who had done 2 cross country rides at a more leisurely pace than I am attempting and he suggested that I make sure to talk to the people I meet along the way. I'll try to do that. There was a great group at Rotary that really encouraged me as I shared some about my football career and then about the trip. It is always a joy for me to share about Teen Challenge.

A couple of things to share about the music. I added "Ride Like the Wind" by Christopher Cross. This was suggested by a friend, thanks ( I do take requests). Also, an error that I have regarding the William Tell Overture is that we have the incorrect composer listed. My brother, Lee, informs me that Rossini is the correct composer, not Mozart. I guess the "Playlist people" let this slip as did I. Thanks Lee, let's give credit where it is due.

I'm getting anxious. I'd better go "Ride like the wind"

No comments:

Post a Comment