Monday, June 22, 2009

Quote for the day: "It is the cause and not the death that makes the martyr." Napoleon Bonaparte

Did a 3 hour early ride at sunup today and made over 50 miles. I had work and errands later on. We got the PowerBar logo on the blog. I'm hoping they will be able to get me some supplies, etc. Teen Challenge had their annual golf tournament today, but I wasn't able to go. I hope they had a good turnout. I showed up at Faith Home Ranch at Teen Challenge tonight and got some of the students to help me as I performed artificial insemination on one of our cows, Anna Belle. It was quite an education for some of those men from inner city areas that have not been exposed to agriculture.

If any body out there has a set of carbon aero bars they could loan me for the trip (about a month), let me know. I pulled out an old metal set I forgot I had and they really helped this morning when I hit some headwinds. They are pretty heavy though. I will be leaving on June 30 (that's next Tuesday). Tomorrow I'll meet with Roger Williams at TC Ranch and we'll update each other on the pledges and contributions.

We're going with some "Theme" music this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment