Friday, June 19, 2009

Quote for the day: "Obedience to lawful authority is the foundation of manly character" Robert E. Lee

We're going to have some Fathers Day music. I'm bringing back the "Small Town Southern Man" in honor and memory of my late Dad, Hurst Webb. He demonstrated many of the traits and more in the song (he had 4 boys instead of girls). Another Alan Jackson song that might bring back good memories is "Daddy Let Me Drive". What a picture in a song. Last we have Harry Chapin's "Cat's in the Cradle and the Silver Spoon". I put this one in for the younger dads. Pay attention to this song because time just flies by!

I was able to cycle 141 miles on Thursday. It was a full day up to Oakdale then on up in the foothills toward Copperopolis and back through Farmington, Ripon on down through Grayson, Patterson and back to Turlock. It's getting warmer.

Have a great Fathers Day all you dads out there!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Father's Day to you and to all.
    I enjoyed reading up on the blog. As hot as it is here in Gainesville today, I wish you well.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete