Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quote for the day: "The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones." John Wooden, UCLA basketball coach

Today I did 123 miles. It was a good variety of riding and would represent a good, hard, day that I might face. I left home about 5:45 AM and went to Oakdale, Jamestown, LaGrange, and back by Turlock Lake to Hickman then out Montpelier Road to Delhi and back home. I faced some hills and some wind. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I have a full days work to do.

Teen Challenge got its start from Rev. David Wilkerson a minister from Pennsylvania, coming to New York City ministering to the gangs in the late 1950's. A movie was made about the development of Teen Challenge: "The Cross and the Switchblade" that starred Pat Boone and Eric Estrada. The ministry took off from there with involvement from the Brooklyn Tabernacle in New York and then to other metropolitan areas. Teen Challenge International headquarters are located in Springfield, MO.

1 comment:

  1. Jimmy,
    Just catching up on your plans here. If you need a place to stay in the Texas Panhandle you're welcome to knock on our door!
    Cari & David

    ReplyDelete